Sunday Bulletin November 11 2018
Sunday Bulletin November 4 2018
Sunday Bulletin October 28 2018
Sunday Bulletin October 21 2018
Questions for Hebrews 8:1-6
1. What is the main point? (8:1-2)
2. Why might the author have written, “at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens” instead of “at the right hand of God”?
3. What does a throne have to do with a priest? What might be significant about it here?
4. Is there a physical structure of a sanctuary or tabernacle in heaven?
5. What was the pattern Moses saw? (8:5; Exodus 25:40)
6. What does it mean that if Jesus were on earth, He would not be a priest? (vs. 4)
7. Why is Jesus’s ministry more excellent? (vs. 6)
8. What is the better covenant?
9. Why are the promises on which it is established considered better than thoses of the Old Covenant? (look ahead in verses 7-13)
Questions for Hebrews 7:25-28
1. Find at least three passages in the New Testament that indicate God’s purpose to make us perfect.
2. Man was created in the image of God. Was that image lost at the fall–when Adam sinned? Is he still in God’s image? What does Col. 3:9-10 contribute to our understanding of God’s image and what was lost of it at the fall?
3. How is Jesus both a friend of sinners and separate from sinners? How might we follow His example?
4. What does it mean that Christ has become higher than the heavens? How does that distinguish Him from Aaron and his successors?
5. We know Jesus was perfect morally, He was without sin (4:15). What does it mean that He was made perfect? (2:10, 17-18, 5:8, 15, 7:28)
6. Why did the Levitical priest have to continually offer sacrifices?
7. What is the “weakness” that the priests had under the Old Covenant? (compare 4:15, 5:1-3)
8. What is the main point of the author up to chapter 8?