Sunday Bulletin April 11 2021
Sunday Bulletin April 4 2021
Sunday Bulletin March 28 2021
Sunday Bulletin March 21 2021
Craig A. Brittingham, Pastor
Hillside Baptist Church
April 11, 2021
Mission Possible (part 3): Matthew 28:16-20
1A. “All Authority” was given to Jesus for the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
2A. Jesus gave us the mission to make disciples of or from “All the Nations.”
3A. We must teach the disciples we make to observe “All the things” Jesus commanded.
1b. People become disciples through the preaching the of the Gospel (Acts 14:21).
1c. We make disciples through the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
2c. Those who believe the gospel (become disciples), should then be baptized in the name (not names) of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
2b. A disciple is a “learner” or “pupil” and must be taught to follow the teaching of his master, and to become like him.
1c. The Great Commission includes teaching those who have become disciples to observe all the things Christ commanded (Acts 14:22-23).
2c. What is clear is that the disciples of Christ are to keep the law of Christ, not the law of Moses (see Mat.5:21-22, 27-28, 31-32, 33-34, 38-39, 43-44).
4A. Jesus promised to be with us “All the Days” as we work to fulfill the mission till He comes.
1b. Jesus promised to be with us as we fulfill the Great Commission.
1c. Christ is with us through His Spirit Whom He sent.
2c. He sent His Spirit to empower our witness to Him!
2b. He will be with the church to help her accomplish the mission to the end of the age, and to the ends of the earth.
1. How do people become disciples of Christ?
2. What is a disciple?
3. What does it mean to baptize disciples in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?
4. What is significant about the use of “name” in the singular form? Why not in the “names” of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit since there are three Persons in the Trinity? Some churches when they baptize people actually “dunk” them three times – once for each Peron of the Trinity. Why does that seem unnecessary?
5. We must teach disciples to observe all that Christ commanded. Is it also true that a disciple should become like his Master? Can you find Scriptural support?
6. Jesus issued many commands, and we should observe them all. What commandment did He issue as “a new commandment” and in what sense is it “new”? In what ways is this commandment important?
7. Jesus kept the law of Moses during His earthly ministry. Why do you suppose He did not leave instructions for future disciples to observe the law of Moses? His disciples were to observe Jesus’ commandments.
8. How or in what way is Jesus with us in the fulfilling of the Great Commission?
9. When is the end of the age?