Sunday Bulletin July 14 2019
Sunday Bulletin July 7 2019
Sunday Bulletin June 30 2019
Sunday Bulletin June 23 2019
Questions for Hebrews 10:26-39 Pt. 2
1. What does it mean to sin willfully? Do Christians sin willfully?
2. Did the author believe those whom he addressed in Hebrews to be saved people? Compare 10:26 and 10:39; see 32-39.
3. What seems to have caused them to act in ways that led to concern for the author? 10:32-36
4. In what specific way were they acting which the author found troubling (10:24-25)? BTW, how do you handle the objection, “I don’t need to go to church to be a Christian”?
5. Could those who “receive the knowledge of the truth” (vs. 26) include people whose profession of faith in Christ is not genuine? Consider the parable of the sower (Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23). See also 2 Peter 2:20-22.
6. What judgment did those under the Old Covenant receive for rejecting the law of Moses?
7. What did it mean to “reject the law of Moses”? Consider Deu. 17:2-7, cp. 13:6-10.
8. Similarly, under the New Covenant, what does it mean to trod underfoot the Son of God, to count common the blood of that covenant, and to insult the Spirit of grace? What is the penalty for it? Remember it’s worse than the penalty prescribed under the Old Covenant.
Questions for Romans 5:1, 2
1. Give a definition of justification.
2. Why is it important when defining justification to speak in terms of God “declaring” us righteous and not “making” us righteous?
3. What are the two kinds of peace?
4. What is the difference? When do we “experience” each of them?
5. What is the grace of God?
6. What specifically is the grace of God “in which we stand”?
7. What is the glory of God here in Romans 5? Why did we come short of it? Rom. 3:23
8. When will it fully be restored in us?
9. Is it presently being restored in us? Rom. 8:29; 2Cor. 3:18; Col. 3:10.
10. We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. What is this hope? Why do/should we rejoice in it?